The speckled look of the sesame seeds appears attractive to the eyes. Health food for the cool winter months has a nutty, crunchy taste.
- On a low flame, lightly roast both sesame seeds together, till crisp and they start to burst. (12 -15 minutes approx.)
- Spread and cool in a steel plate (thali).
- On a low flame, melt jaggery in a heavy bottomed pan. Stir for about 10 minutes. As the syrup starts to bubble all over and the colour changes, remove the pan from the fire. Test: when removed, the syrup drop forms a firm ball.
- Add the sesame seeds and peanut powder. Mix well.
- Grease the palms with little ghee. Shape the mixture into small round balls when hot.