Homemade lentil fritters are one of the most popular deep-fried snacks. Their authentic flavour is tempting.
- Thoroughly wash and soak beans for 6 hours.
- Gently rub off the skin. Drain. Keep aside the water. Use it for grinding if required.
- Grind the beans to a coarse, thick batter of dropping consistency. Whisk till frothy.
- Mix in rest of the ingredients. Add salt and hot oil at the time of deep-frying.
- In a frying pan, heat oil on a high flame.
- Take small portions of the batter. Whisk it at a fast pace to make it light and fluffy.
- With wet fingertips, drop few, small round balls of the batter in hot oil.
- Deep fry till light golden brown in colour.
- Remove and drain them. Repeat for rest of the batter. Serve hot with coriander or khajur-imli chutney.
- These bhajias can be made without removing the skin.