Jalebis - Can't get enough of them
- In a mixing bowl add maida along with curd and little water. Whisk the mixture till a pouring consistency. Add a pinch of baking powder and mix well. Keep aside.
For the Batter
- In a non stick pan heat sugar with 2 cups of water on high flame, stir continuously till the sugar dissolves. Add milk to it. When the scum rises on the top remove & discard it. Add saffron to the syrup and stir continuously till it reaches a thread consistency. Keep the syrup warm.
For the Syrup
- In a deep frying pan, heat enough ghee to fry jalebis. Put the batter into a plastic bottle with a nozzle (like a plastic ketchup bottle) from where you can squeeze out the batter in a round spiral form to make jalebis.
- You can also put the batter into a jalebi cloth and then gather the edges and form a tight potli. Squeeze out the batter and then make jalebis in the same way.
- Turn the jalebis and fry till crisp and golden on both the sides.
- Drain and remove the excess oil from the jalebis.
- Dip the fried jalebis in the hot sugar syrup. Remove after 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cardamon powder (optional). Serve hot.
- You can get readymade jalebi making bottles in the market.