- Soak the almonds for 1 hour, peel and sliver.
- Peel, grate and squeeze out the excess liquid from the bottle gourd. The gourd should now measure approximately 1 1/2 cups.
- In a thick bottomed pan, heat ghee and add cashewnuts. Stir and when the cashews turn golden brown, add the raisins. As they puff up, add the grated bottle gourd. Sauté over medium flame till it turns translucent (for about 7-8 minutes).
- Now add milk, sugar and saffron strands and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stir constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with slivered almonds, cashews and cardamom.
- Savour a warm helping, just enough to pacify the taste buds.