Dates / Khajur make a delicious and healthy recipe.
- Wash the dates thoroughly and chop fine.
- Bring the milk to a boil and allow to simmer.
- Prepare saffron by rubbing it in 1tsp warm milk until the milk turns orange. Set aside.
- In a thick bottomed pan, heat ghee, add dates and sauté for 2 minutes over low flame. Sprinkle wheat flour over the dates and sauté for another minute.
- Now slowly add the milk, stirring continuously to avoid lumps and continue cooking over low flame for 7 – 8 minutes. Dates add their own sweetness to this kheer, but if you like it sweeter, add a dash of powdered rock sugar.
- Stir the prepared saffron into the kheer along with the nutmeg and cardamom powder. Switch off flame
- Dates serve as thirst quenchers, body energizers, aphrodisiacs and also help increase the levels of haemoglobin. They are sweet and have a post digestive effect.