Easy and fast to cook, mixed bhajias are very popular as savouries. They are prepared from vegetables and fruits usually stored in the kitchen.
- Cut vegetables and fruits of your choice, before frying the bhajias.
For the Bhajia
- In a pan, mix all the ingredients together except hot oil, to prepare a semi-thick batter. Whisk till smooth. Add hot oil, just before frying. Stir well.
For the Batter
- On a medium flame, heat oil in a frying pan.
- At a time dip and coat, each slice of any one variety of the vegetables or fruit in the batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil till crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Remove and drain the bhajias on an absorbent paper. Serve hot with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Other vegetables — fruits:
capsicum — sliced lengthwise or rings
carom leaves (ajma ke patte)
ripe mango — diced big