Spicy and tasty, this shaak is made from pieces of papad.
- Soak fenugreek seeds for 15 minutes in 1 cup of water. Drain the water.
- In a small pan, boil the seeds till tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida, red chilli powder and then put water. Now add the other spices, fenugreek seeds and salt. Bring water to a boil.
- Add pieces of papad to boiling water. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
- Prepare the vegetable close to the time of serving a meal.
In advance, one can prepare till the step of boiling water. Add the papad pieces at the time of serving the meal.