A simple vegetable that tastes good with hot rotis.
- Thoroughly wash the beans. Trim their ends. Bunch them together. Finely cut them to the same size.
- On a low flame, heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida and beans. Sauté for a minute. Add water. Cover with a lid. Keep lid slightly open. Pour water over it for vaporization.
- Cook till the beans are nearly tender.
- Add spices and mix well. Cook further for 2-3 minutes. Remove from fire, garnish and serve hot.
- If soda-bicarbonate is used, do not cover with a lid.