They are crispy, flat rounds, relished at mealtime and popular while traveling.
- Mix all the ingredients. Knead to make a stiff dough. (If milk is used, omit salt). Cover it for 10–15 minutes.
- Smear with ghee. Knead to a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Make round balls.
For the Dough
- Roll out each pressed ball into an even, flat, round bhakri.
- Pre-heat a griddle on a medium flame.
- Roast both sides of the bhakri till light brown spots appear.
- Press gently with a wooden press till it turns light golden brown.
- Pinch deep marks on it or make cuts with a knife.
- Remove from the griddle and apply ghee on it.
- Repeat the same for the other bhakris. Serve hot.
- Bhakris are normally thick and small like puris. Remove bhakri from the rolling board with a spatula.