It's a variation of Sada Thepla. They taste delicious, enriched with cooked rice.
- Knead a soft, smooth dough, with all the ingredients. Cover for 10 minutes.
- Knead again. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
For the Dough
- Roll out each portion into even rounds.
- Pre-heat the griddle on a medium flame. Place the thepla on it. As brown spots appear on the underside, turn it over.
- Smear one teaspoon of oil over and around the edges. Press lightly with a spatula. Turn it over and press again. Remove, when golden brown spots appear.
- Repeat for rest of the portions. Place them on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with fresh green chutney.