Tempered rice with cumin seeds is a delicious variation to the staple rice.
- Clean and wash the rice thoroughly and soak it for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Alongside, put 3 cups of water to boil.
- In a pan, heat oil/ghee. Add cumin seeds and bay leaf. As soon as the seeds crackle, add the soaked basmati rice and sauté it for a few minutes.
- After that add the boiled water and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and cover the pan with a lid till the rice is cooked.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.