The ingredients of these ladoos make up for the deficiencies of a diet.
- Clean and mix all the powders for the spice—dry fruit mix. Sift through a wheat flour sieve. Add nuts and coconut.
Spice-Dry Fruit Mix: To make 2 cups.
- Coarsely grind the gum pieces. Soak it in ghee for 10-12 hours. Keep aside.
- On a low flame, melt 1 teaspoon ghee in a wide, heavy bottomed pan. Add jaggery. Sauté it till it melts completely. Switch off the flame. Remove the pan from the fire.
- Immediately, add the soaked gum and spice-dry fruit mix. Stir this mixture very well. Cool it.
- Make equal balls. Store in an airtight container.
- Ladoos if eaten from childhood during winter, backaches can be avoided.
New mothers also eat it, especially after delivery.