Mouth watering paneer recipe in Jain style can't get better than this.
- Cut the paneer in medium sizes. Mix all the ingredients for marinating paneer (except for oil). Mix well and keep aside for an hour.
- After an hour heat oil in a griddle and put the marinated mixture in it. Sauté it properly till the paneer turns light golden brown. Switch off the flame and keep aside.
For Marinating Paneer
- Blend the tomatoes in a mixer to form a purée. Keep aside.
- Grind the cashew nuts in a mixer to form its powder. Keep aside.
- Mix the corn flour with some water. Keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds and bay leaf to the heated oil. Let the cumin seeds crackle.
- Add the tomato purée, powdered cashew nuts, red chilli powder, dhana-jeera powder, garam masala, sugar and salt. Cook this until the oil separates from it. Then add the corn flour (mixed with water). Mix well.
- Finally add the marinated paneer pieces and sauté it well. Cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve hot.