Only peels of the ripe bananas are cooked with spices. This vegetable is very popular and may be eaten
- Peel bananas. Discard the thin strings from the peels. Thoroughly wash and clean the peels. Cut them into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida and the peels. Cover the pan with a lid. Pour water on it for vaporization. Cook till the peels are tender.
- Make batter of the gram or wheat flour and water.
- Add batter and dry spices to the cooked peels.
- Mix well. Stir the mixture in one direction only till the gravy thickens to individual taste.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Switch off the gas. Garnish. Serve hot.
- This vegetable can be prepared without flour.
Proportionally reduce the spices.
The fruit of the banana may be used for making raita or sabzi.