Short and simple cooking reveals the delicate taste of cluster beans.
- Wash, string both ends and cut each bean into pieces.
- On a low flame, heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida, carom seeds, beans and water. Mix well. Cook till half done. Add turmeric powder and salt. Cover with a lid.
- Pour water over it for vaporization. Keep the lid slightly open.
- Cook till tender. Add rest of the ingredients. Cook till the jaggery melts. Mix well. Serve hot.
- Cluster beans can be first boiled and then tempered.