Drumsticks with gravy give a sweet and tangy taste.
- Chop drumsticks into 3-4 inch long pieces, peeling off thin layers of the hard fibrous skin.
- In a pan, heat ghee for tempering. Add the cumin and as it begins to crackle, add asafoetida powder. Immediately reduce the flame and add the drumsticks.
- Add tamarind pulp, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and 1 1/2 cups of water. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Take off the lid and continue to cook until some of the water evaporates, leaving a sauce like gravy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
- Drumsticks are healthy from Ayurvedic point of view. They enhance your appetite, clears worms, is helpful in curing skin diseases, relieves colic and stimulates the digestive fire.