Make delicious double beans recipe using this simple recipe.
- Shell the double beans. They should amount to approx 2 1/2 cups when shelled.
- Add 2 cups water, turmeric and salt to the shelled double beans and pressure cook upto 2 whistles or until the beans are soft but not overdone. Slightly mash a few of the beans by pressing them gently against the sides of the vessel to help thicken the gravy.
- Pound or grind the chillies and dry ginger together coarsely.
- In a wok, heat ghee for tempering. Add the carom and as it crackles, reduce flame and add the asafoetida.
- Immediately add chilli-dry ginger paste, sugar and the cooked beans.Allow to simmer over low flame for 10-12 minutes until the gravy thickens slightly.
- Stir in the coconut and coriander leaves. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice and switch off the flame.
- Serve hot with roti.
- Double beans have a post-digestive effect. They are cool, heavy and strengthening.