Homemade paratha is appreciated for its flavour and texture.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough.
- Knead to a soft dough. Cover and keep for 15-20 minutes.
- To smoothen the dough, apply ghee and knead again.
For the Dough
- Roll the dough into 1 big rota of 8"- 10" diameter. Smear it with 2-3 drops of ghee.
- Sprinkle mixture of 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon red chilli powder on the rota instead of flour.
- Roll the rota like a Swiss roll. Cut the roll into 4 equal portions. Press the cut side flat.
- Roll each portion into a round of 5" diameter.
- Pre-heat the griddle, on a medium flame. Put the tikada on it.
- As light brown spots appear on the underside, turn it over.
- Apply ghee around the edges and on top of the tikada . Press gently with a spatula (tavitha).
- Remove when brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the portions. Serve hot.