This roti, prepared on an earthen griddle imparts a delicious and exotic flavour.
- Mix all ingredients together. Knead to a firm dough. Divide it into 2 equal portions.
- Knead each portion well. Shape into round balls.
- Dip one ball in the flour. Flatten and pat it
- on the rolling board or between your palms to make a round circle 1/4" thick.
- Pre-heat the griddle, on a low flame. Smear it with a teaspoon of oil. Put the roti on the griddle.
- Cook each side of the roti till crisp.
- Brush the griddle with little oil if needed.
- Repeat for the second portion.
- Serve hot with jaggery, sadu besan, kachumber, tempered green chillies and sour mango pickle.
- This roti should be served crisp. It can be cooked on a regular griddle also.