Dates and tamarind, flavour snacks like dahi vadas and captivate the taste buds
- Clean and remove seeds from the dates and tamarind. In a pan, soak them with jaggery in water for 30 minutes.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes on a low flame or pressure cook up to 1 whistle.
- Allow it to cool thoroughly. Blend in a mixer. Strain.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixture. Stir well. Use as required.
- Increase the proportion of jaggery if only tamarind is used. Decrease the proportion of jaggery if only dates are used. Powdered sugar may be added to sweeten the chutney. For chutney consistency, extra water may be used.