This spiral, deep fried roti is a variation of the famous khaja.
- Mix all the ingredients. Knead to a soft dough. Cover and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle ghee and water on the dough.
- Divide dough into 25 equal portions. Cover with a moist cloth. Knead vigorously for 3-4 minutes.
For the Dough
- Make round balls. Flatten lightly. Roll it into a round roti of 2"-3" diameter. Smear it with melted ghee and sprinkle little flour over it. (Chilli powder and salt mix or sugar can be sprinkled also). Roll the roti in a cylindrical shape.
- Re-roll to shape it in a circular form (0).
- Press lightly. Roll it (0) into a round roti of 2"-4" diameter.
- Deep-fry like khajlis.
- Remove, drain and put it on an absorbent paper.
- Immediately garnish with chilli powder and salt mix or sugar. Cool and store.