A variety of grains, pulses and rice provide healthy properties needed to stay fit.
- Separately wash the grains thoroughly. Drain and keep aside.
- In a pan, bring water to a boil. Add the drained grains, turmeric powder and green chillies. Mix well.
- On a low flame, melt ghee in a ladle. Add carom seeds, red chillies, cinnamons, peppercorns, curry leaves and asafoetida. Add tempering to the grains. Stir well.
- Pressure cook up to 4 whistles. Toss khichdi. Serve hot.
- Tastes delicious with fresh curds and methi ka masala.
- Consistency of khichdi depends on individual liking.