A favourite substantial breakfast snack. It is also a filling meal any time of the day.
- Clean and sieve the pressed rice.
- Wash and soak them in water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and put in a colander for 15 minutes.
- On a low flame, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the mustard seeds. As they crackle, add asafoetida and turmeric powder. Add green chillies. Sauté.
- Immediately add the pressed rice, sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- Gently mix well. Garnish and serve hot.
- 1/2 cup boiled peas can be added. Proportionally add the spices.