Caramelized puffed rice, make an irresistible, strongly flavoured, munching delight.
- Lightly roast the puffed rice to make them crisp.
- On a low flame, melt jaggery in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Keep stirring till bubbles appear in the melted jaggery.
- Test: When removed, the syrup drop forms a firm ball consistency.
- Add the puffed rice. Stir and mix well.
- Grease the palms with little ghee. Shape the mixture into small round balls when hot.
- When absolutely cool, store in an airtight container.