Mouth watering recipe of Gulab Jamun
- Combine all the ingredients of the jamuns with little water and knead to form a fine stiff dough. See to it that the dough is not sticky. Keep aside
For the jamuns
- Prepare the syrup by combining sugar with water. Stir the mixture continuously on a low flame till the sugar dissolves and it comes to a boil. Remove if there is any scum in the syrup. Add the saffron strands. Simmer for some time and switch off the flame.
For the syrup
- Take some portion of the dough and make small round balls.
- Heat ghee in a deep frying pan. Fry the round balls on low-medium flame of that the jamuns do not remain uncooked from inside. Cook them till golden brown in colour.
- Remove them and soak them in the warm sugar syrup for about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.