The all time favourite street samoasa recipe finally in your kitchen!
- Combine the ingredients of the batter along with some water (as required) and knead to a soft-smooth dough. Cover the dough with a moist cloth. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
For the Coating
- Pressure cook the raw bananas for approx. 3 whistles.
- Switch off the flame and let the bananas cool for a while. Peel the skin of the bananas and mash them. Keep aside
- In a pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds and asafoetida. As soon as the seeds crackle, add cabbage and bottle gourd. Fry them till tender.
- Add bananas and all the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Cook till the mixture forms lumps. Keep aside to cool.
For the Filling
- Take small portion of the dough and form round balls. Roll out the ball into a circular shape in the form of a disc. Cut it into two halves. Place some banana mixture on the halved rolled out dough. With moist hand press along the edges in the form of a cone. Proceed the same for the rest of the mixture.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil and fry the samosas (6-7 pieces at a time). Cook the samosas on medium heat for it to become crisp. Cook till golden brown in color and crisp from all sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with either meethi chutney / coriander green chutney or tomato ketchup.