Prepared quickly, dhoklas are a substantial dish, served with a meal or as snacks.
- Mix all the ingredients for the batter. Prepare a thick batter of dropping consistency.
- Lightly grease the dhokla plates with oil.
- On a high flame, boil water in the steam cooker.
- At the time of steaming, add the other ingredients to the batter. Whisk well. Pour it equally in each plate.
- Place plates in the steam cooker for 5 minutes. Remove the plates. Sprinkle little water over the dhoklas. Cool them. Apply ghee over them.
- Cut them into square or diamond shape pieces.
- Proportionally pour tempering as on khaman dhoklas. Serve with green coriander chutney.