Ghayadas are small pancakes, made from leftover, cooked rice. They are lightly spiced and shallow fried.
- Mix all the ingredients. Knead to a soft dough.
- Divide it into 8 equal portions. Make round balls. Between the palms press, flatten and pat each ball to a round of 3" to 4" diameter.
- On a low flame, heat the griddle.
- Roast ghayadas on both the sides.
- Shallow fry them with a spoonful of oil.
- Cook till they are set and turn light, golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with green chutney, tomato ketchup or pickles.
- Ghayadas are a one-meal dish.
Cook the ghayadas immediately after the dough is kneaded or it will turn too soft to pat.