Shakarparas fill up lunch boxes eagerly and are simply eaten in a flash. These traditional teatime snacks are crunchy and taste great with mango pickle.
- For the Dough:
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough. Knead to a smooth, semi soft dough. Divide the dough into 7 equal portions. Shape each portion to a smooth round ball. Roll out each ball to a thin and big round.
- With a knife, cut each round into equal diamond shaped pieces. Keep aside.
- On a high flame, heat oil in a frying pan. Lower the flame. Deep fry shakarparas till light golden in colour.
- Remove, drain and put them on an absorbent paper. Cool and store in an airtight container.
- For Methi bhaji ka shakarpara:
1/4 cup of finely chopped fenugreek leaves may be added instead of carom seeds.