This traditional teatime snack tastes good if crunchy. Frying the poha improves its texture, flavour and appearance.
- Clean and sieve the pressed rice. Keep aside.
- On medium flame, heat oil in a frying pan till it smokes. Carefully place the deep flying colander in the oil.
- Deep fry, one at a time, the green chillies, curry leaves, nuts and raisins. Keep aside.
- Deep fry, at a time 1/4 cup of pressed rice. Remove as soon as the rice fluffs up. Keep aside. Each time pressed rice is fried, heat the oil till it smokes.
- Gently mix all the fried ingredients. Add asafoetida, salt, mango, chilli and turmeric powders.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- For all fried ingredients - remove, drain and put them on an absorbent paper.