Rice flour sev are sun-dried. Fried, they taste delicious.
- On a high flame, simmer water in a heavy bottomed pan. Add all ingredients in the water, except rice flour.
- As water starts to boil, add the rice flour. Lower the flame. Whisk the mixture vigorously, till it thickens.
- Cook till water is absorbed. No lumps should be formed. Switch off the gas. Cover for 2-3 minutes. Cool the mixture.
For the Dough
- To Make and Deep Fry Sev.
- Put the cooled mixture in a dough extruder.
- Press gently and pipe out coils on a clean cloth or mat.
- Dry under the sunlight for 10-12 days. Store the dried sev in an airtight container. Fry in hot oil as required.
- Deep fry the sev till they slightly change colour.
- Remove, drain and put them on an absorbent paper. Cool and store in an airtight container.
On a high flame, heat oil in a frying pan. Lower the flame.