Curd curry is a delicious accompaniment with rice. Tempering of the flour-based yogurt derives the flavours. It is a perfect base for variations
- In a pan, whisk curds, gram flour and water to a smooth liquid. Add rest of the ingredients.
- On a low flame, put kadhi to boil. Stir continuously till it thickens. No lumps should be formed.
- On a low flame, heat oil in a ladle for tempering. Add the fenugreek and mustard seeds. As they crackle, add the cinnamons, cloves, cumin seeds and asafoetida. Pour over the boiling kadhi.
- Stir. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Garnish and serve hot.
- In a pan, whisk curds and water to a smooth mixture.
- Add little salt. On a low flame, warm it for a minute. Remove pan from the fire.
- In a bowl mix gram flour in little water.
- Gently pour it to the warm curd mixture. Whisk well.
- No lumps should be formed. Add rest of the ingredients.
- Meethi Kadhi
Method remains the same.
Add jaggery or sugar with rest of the ingredients: Step I