A traditional thin and spicy tuvar dal recipe is good for a low protein diet
- In a pan, add enough water, to the liquid dal, to make 7 cups of osaman. Cook till it comes to a boil.
- On a low flame, melt ghee in a ladle, for tempering. Add the mustard seeds. As they crackle, add cloves, cinnamon, cumin seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Pour the tempering to the liquid dal.
- Add jaggery, spices, green chillies, kokum and salt. Stir well. Boil for 10 minutes.
- On a low flame, let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Garnish. Serve hot with rice, lachko dal and papad.
- Consistency of osaman depends on individual liking.