Nutrition of all the lentils in one dal.
- Wash and soak the grams together for half an hour. Pressure cook in 3 cups water along with turmeric powder to a soft consistency. Mix lightly and set aside.
- Grind all the ingredients of the paste using as little water as needed.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan. Add little cumin seeds, as soon as they crackle add the paste and continue to sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add dry mango powder, cooked gram, 1 cup warm water and salt and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve.
- The sweet-astringent taste of masoor (red lentil) and green gram balances pitta and kapha. The mixture of lentils and spices makes it a healthy dish.