Gud ka meetha sev is an excellent inexpensive dessert made from jaggery.
- On a low flame, melt ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add vermicelli. Sauté till it turns light golden in colour.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of warm water. Simmer till the vermicelli is nearly cooked and remains separate.
- On a low flame, in another pan, melt jaggery in1/4 cup of warm water. Strain the liquid. Add it to the vermicelli. Add cardamoms. Stir gently with a spatula.
- Simmer till the water is absorbed and the vermicelli is cooked. It should not break but remain separate. Garnish and serve after 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup warm water if the vermicelli is not tender. Too much water will turn it lumpy.