Nothing is more warming than a piping hot, delicious, almond sheera in the cool winter months.
- Blanch almonds in warm water for 2-3 hours. Drain and remove their skin.
- Grind the almonds to a coarse paste with little milk.
- On a low flame, heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Sauté wheat flour for a minute.
- Add the almond paste. Mix well. Cook on a low flame. Stir continuously till the mixture turns light brown.
- Add the remaining milk. Simmer till the mixture turns semi-soft.
- Add sugar. Cook till it dissolves and the ghee separates. Stir continuously for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish and serve hot.
- Badam sheera can be cooked without adding wheat flour. Almond skin is very nutritive. It can be cooked with its skin. This sheera can be made without soaking the almonds. Dry grind the almonds to a powder. Specially eaten by nursing mothers after delivery.