Milk, soaked for long time with spices and dry fruits, serves as a rich and aromatic drink. Its flavour brings out the natural sharpness of the ingredients.
- Soak almonds for 5-6 hours. Peel and keep aside.
- Separately soak the rose petals, pistachios and fennel seeds for 2 hours. Drain water. Keep aside.
- Dry grind melon seeds and peppercorns to a fine powder.
- To 1/4 litre of milk, add the drained almonds, rose petals, pistachios and fennel seeds. Liquidize the mixture. Add sugar. Blend thoroughly till it melts. Add rest of the milk, saffron paste and cardamom powder.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve. Mix well.
- To get a stronger taste and a good aroma the mixture should be strained only after 3-4 hours.