Kokam Kadhi is a combination of sour, sweet and spicy taste.
- Was and soak the kokam in 1/2 cup warm water for half an hour.
- In a pan, make a smooth paste of the wheat flour and powdered red gram with 1/2 cup water. Add kokam (with the water it was soaked in), green chillies, jaggery and salt along with 3 cups water. Churn lightly and bring to a boil, stirring till it thickens. Reduce flame and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- In a wok, heat ghee for tempering. Pop mustard seeds and add the cumin seeds. As the cumins crackle, add the asafoetida and chilli powder.
- Immediately pour this tempering into the simmering kokam kadhi. Switch off the flame and strain kadhi just before serving.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve fresh with any rice preparation.