Sun drying is one of the best methods for preserving food. Sun dried dumplings are stored over months for Teethi and Paryushan days.
- Wash and soak beans for 4-5 hours. Drain. Wash again. Remove skin from the beans.
- Finely grind the beans with the green chillies to make a thick, smooth paste of dropping consistency. Add salt. Whisk paste at a fast pace, to make it light and fluffy.
- With wet fingertips, form very small round dumplings. Drop and space them closely, directly over lightly oiled plastic sheets. Whisk the paste, every time a dumpling is dropped on the plastic sheet.
- Leave them to dry under direct sunlight for 2-3 days. Vadis should totally dry both from inside and outside. Cool before storing.
- Store them in an airtight container. Use as required.