Banana Wedges - Delicious filling appetizer!
- Cut the bananas into half and then cut each half into 3 wedges.
- Mix the raw bananas in a bowl with red chilli powder and castor sugar.
- Steam the wedges for 5 minutes either in a steamer or in a pan take water and boil it. Then put the wedges in a steaming plate and place the steaming plate in the pan. After the steaming is done, leave aside to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients of the batter alongwith some water to form a thick paste.
- Dip the raw bananas in the batter and then roll out in the crushed cornflakes to form a coating over it.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Deep fry the wedges till crisp and golden brown in colour. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.