All time favourite Dabeli with a South Indian touch.
- Thoroughly wash and soak rice and urad dal for around 4-5 hours along with the methi seeds.
- Remove the excess water if required. Grind the mixture to form a thick consistent batter.
- Keep this batter aside for a few hours (3-4 hours) in a warm area for fermentation.
- Once it ferments, add salt and eno as required.
- Now take idli moulds and grease them with little oil. Pour the batter into these moulds and then steam them for around 10-15 minutes.
For the Idli
- Boil the raw bananas. After boiling them mash them with a masher.
- Take some oil in a pan. Add the mashed bananas, green chutney, meethi chutney, salt, dabeli masala and chooped coriander. Mix the ingredients well and cook for some time.
For the Dabeli
- Take each idli and cut it horizontally through the centre.
- Take the bottom half of the idli and place the dabeli mixture and pomegranate seeds on top of it. Cover it with the other half.
- Serve hot.