Ripe guavas make an unusual spiced vegetable.
- Cut guavas into small cubes (close to serving time).
- On a low flame, heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. As they crackle, add asafoetida and water.
- Bring it to a boil. Add dry spices and sugar. Stir well.
- As sugar dissolves, add guava pieces. Switch off the gas. Keep the vegetable covered for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
- This vegetable can be prepared without adding water and sugar. After tempering, add guava pieces and dry spices. Stir well. Cover and cook till tender.