The nutritive fenugreek leaves, impart a bitter aromatic flavour that blends well with curds and other spices to make a healthy raita.
- Wash the fenugreek leaves thoroughly. In a bowl, add salt to the leaves.
- Keep aside for 15-20 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water. Cut the leaves.
- On a low flame, heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds. As they start to crackle, add the asafoetida and fenugreek leaves. Saute for a minute. Add water. Cook till the leaves are nearly tender. Add spices and salt. Mix well. Remove from the fire. Keep vegetable to cool, in the same pan.
- To it, add beaten curds, extra spices and salt if required.
- Mix well. Serve. Used as a vegetable also.