Although successfully made chakris are straight forward to make, they always impress upon us, as a tricky culinary technique.
- Mix all the ingredients. Knead to a semi soft dough.
- Fill little mixture in a dough extruder. On a piece of thick paper or cloth, press out round coils of the dough. Begin from centre and work closely to the outside, in a continuous circle of 1 1/2"- 2" diameter. Repeat for rest of the dough.
- On a high flame, heat oil in a frying pan. Lower the flame. On a medium flame, deep fry few chakris till golden brown in colour. Turn over for even frying.
- Remove, drain and put them on an absorbent paper. Cool and store in an airtight container.
- Knead dough before putting it in the dough extruder.