Mango pulp combined with curd curry and spices, give an unusual flavour that whets an appetite.
- Wash and dry the mangoes.
- Soften and squeeze them to remove the pulp.
- Squeeze and wash mango peels and stones with water.
- To this water, add little pulp to make 4 cups of mango pulp water or mix 1 cup mango pulp, with 3 cups of water.
For the Mango Pulp Water
- In a pan, whisk the mango pulp water, gram flour and curds to a smooth mixture.
- Boil this mixture on a medium flame. Stir continuously to prevent lumps. As the mixture thickens, add rest of the ingredients. Bring it to a boil.
For the Fajeto
- On a low flame, heat ghee in a ladle. Add the cinnamons, cloves and cumin seeds. As they crackle, add asafoetida. Pour the tempering to the boiling fajeto.
- Simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Garnish. Serve hot with rice and papad.
For the Tempering
- Proportion of mango pulp can vary.
Sweetness and consistency of fajeto depends on individual liking.