- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal and rajma for 5-6 hours separately. After that drain and keep aside.
- Pressure cook both the dals (combined) with salt and 2 cups of water till the dals are overcooked. Whisk the dal till it is almost mashed.
- Boil the tomatoes in a pan (to form tomato purée), then grind them and strain the puree to separate the seeds).
- In a pan, heat ghee. Add cumin seeds, as soon as the cumin seeds crackle add cinnamon stick, green chillies, cloves, cardamon and then sauté properly.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, dry ginger powder and the tomato purée. Cook this gravy until the oil separates from the gravy.
- Add the dals, 3/4 cup water and salt (if required) to it. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Switch off the flame. Add the malai (cream) and mix well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and some malai (cream) and serve hot.